Christmas is right around the corner and every year, like most people, I enjoy baking and making yummy treats. Oatmeal cookies are a family favorite over here and I was going to use a traditional recipe that I’ve always had success with, however, for some reason I decided to open up a recipe notebook that was tucked away, and found this recipe that was given to us over 12 years ago. The funny thing is, I remember receiving this recipe but never actually made it until recently. This cookie recipe consists of only 6 ingredients; butter, sugar, flour, oatmeal, vanilla, and powdered sugar. They are so simple to make and I guarantee they will not last long at all, so you may want to double the batch.
Now let’s get baking!
With only 6 ingredients you can enjoy these light and buttery oatmeal cookies any time of the year.
- 1 cup butter (2-sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Step 1 Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla with a hand or stand mixer for at least 3 minutes. You want the consistency of your butter to resemble buttercream frosting.
- Step 2 Stir in flour and oats, mix until well blended
- Step 3 Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or can be refrigerated overnight
- Step 4 Preheat oven 325 degrees
- Step 5 Shape dough into approximately 1″ round balls, place on parchment-lined baking sheet
- Step 6 Butter the backside of a spoon and press into powdered sugar, and press onto cookies
- Step 7 Bake for 10-15 minutes
- Step 8 Cool completely before sprinkling with powdered sugar
I hope you enjoy them and thank you for stopping by,
All 4 One Home