Hello Friends! Today I’m sharing a great appetizer recipe that has become another one of our summertime favorites. I take perfectly ripened figs, stuff them with blue cheese, wrap them in prosciutto, bake and drizzle them with a warm pumpkin spice honey.
I was inspired to create this recipe when we lived in California. We had 10 acres with several varieties of fruit trees, including three very large fig trees; two celeste and one black mission. When it came time to harvest, we would have so much fruit it was impossible for us to keep up with the production. So I learned how to make fig preserves, rich sauces, and I would add them to my charcuterie boards. One day I discovered the wonderful combinations of salty prosciutto, the creaminess of blue cheese, topped with the sweet warmed pumpkin-spiced honey would take our basic figs to the next culinary level.
If you are a fan of figs or maybe you have never tried them before, I highly recommend you try this recipe. I believe you will be pleasantly surprised by the combination of flavors.
Now let’s get cooking!
Prosciutto Wrapped Figs Stuffed with Blue Cheese & Pumpkin Spice Honey
- 6 figs
- 4 large strips prosciutto ham
- 2 oz blue cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Step 1 Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Step 2 Slice figs in half lengthwise
- Step 3 With your paring knife, create a small well the center of each fig
- Step 4 Place a small dollop of blue cheese in the center of each fig
- Step 5 Cut prosciutto into thirds, lengthwise, creating long strips (you should have 12 strips)
- Step 6 Wrap a strip of prosciutto around a blue cheese stuffed fig
- Step 7 Place figs on a parchment-lined baking sheet, bake for 10 minutes
- Step 8 In a small microwavable bowl, combine honey and pumpkin spice, warm in a microwave oven for approximately 15 seconds
- Step 9 Place baked figs on a serving plate, drizzle with warm honey, serve immediately
Note: This recipe can be prepared one day in advance. Store your prepared figs in an air-tight container, bake and drizzle with honey right before serving.
All 4 One Home